|1||WFM||Bhatia Kanwal K||2099||ENG||Imperial College||4½||1.71|
|3||WFM||Longson Sarah N||2117||ENG||Marple||3||0.06|
|4||WFM||Grigoryan Meri||1996||ENG||West London||2||0.02|
|6||Keen Cosima C||1918||ENG||Millfield School||½||-0.87|
When – 15th-17th July 2016
Where – Park Inn, Birmingham West [MAP] Format – 5-round FIDE-rated Swiss
Rounds – Round One: Friday 19.00-23.00 | Round Two: Saturday 10.00-14.00 | Round Three: Saturday 15.00-19.00 | Round Four: Sunday 10.00-14.00 | Round Five: Sunday 15.00-19.00
Entry Fee – £10
Prizes – 1st: £500, 2nd: £300, 3rd: £100. Also – Best Performance Prizes: £100
The winner will also qualify for a place in the England women’s team in the 2017 European Team Championship. In the event of a tie for 1st place, the prize money will be shared, and the player in the tie with the highest rating in the May 2017 FIDE-rating list will be selected.
Terms and conditions
- The submission of an entry form and payment of the entry fee denotes acceptance that the English Chess Federation’s decision is final in all matters.
- The English Chess Federation reserves the right to refuse any entry without explanation.
- No player may win more than one prize. All place prize money will be shared equally between tied players.
- The best performance prize will be awarded to the player with the best performance relative to rating (W-We) unless otherwise stated. Unrated players will have their ECF grading converted to Elo for calculation of rating prizes.
- Ungraded or unrated players may not win a best performance prize.
- Prizes will be transferred by direct bank transfer in the week following the end of the event.
- All players must be Gold members of the ECF.
- All players must appear on the FIDE rating list as England. Players who do not appear on the rating list at the time of the tournament will be put on the FIDE rating list as England. Such players are only eligible to play in the tournament if they are either born in England, or resident in England.
- Re-pairing will take place 30 minutes after the start of a round. Players will be defaulted 30 minutes after the scheduled start of a round.
- The submission of an entry form and payment of the entry fee is acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- All pairings will be made using FIDE Swiss pairing rules.
- All games will be played using digital clocks.
You will be able to book your accommodation by calling the hotel’s reservation line on 0121 609 9988. The below rates can only be guaranteed on rooms booked at least 28 days in advance of the tournament. Thereafter, the hotel is not obliged to provide these discounted rates …
£32.50 BB per person per night (based on two people sharing)
£55.00 BB per person per night (single occupancy)
£47.50 DBB per person per night (based on two people sharing)
£70.00 DBB per person per night (single occupancy)
List of entries as at Tue 12 Jul 2016.
|Longson, Sarah N||WFM||Marple||ENG||2117||195||2117|
|Bhatia, Kanwal K||WFM||Imperial College||ENG||2099||195||2099|
|Grigoryan, Meri||WFM||West London||ENG||1996||175||1996|
|Shepherd, Katherine M||Ashtead||ENG||1932||180||1932|
|Keen, Cosima C||Millfield School||ENG||1918||162||1918|
|Milewska, Agnieszka||West London||ENG||1762||151||1762|
Total entries 8.