Is This Document for You?
- This guide is for existing ECF members who need to upgrade their membership to a higher category.
- If you are a new member of the Federation you need the Guide to Joining the ECF.
- If you were a member of the Federation last year and wish to renew your membership for the coming season you need the Guide to Renewing Your ECF Membership.
Ways of Upgrading
The easiest way to upgrade your membership is through our online system, and the rest of this guide walks you through that process.
If you prefer to upgrade by post or by telephone you can do so; please refer to the notes on Postal or Telephone Membership.
What You Need
In order to upgrade your membership using the online system you need –
- the email address you gave when you joined the Federation;
- a credit or debit card, or PayPal account, to make payment.
If you do not know the email address you previously used please look up your membership number on the published list and send an email to the ECF Office from the address you now wish to use quoting your name and membership number. The office will enter the email address you use into the system and notify you when this has been done.
Entering Your Details
- Click on this link to go to the PaySubsOnline login page.
- If you have not previously created a password on the system click the Click here to create a password link. Then enter the email address you registered with, and enter your chosen password twice (the second time for confirmation). The system will send you a confirmation email containing a link which, once followed, will activate your new password.
- Having, if necessary, created yourself a password, on the login screen enter your registered email address and password and click Login.
- You will see a screen containing your details as recorded on the system. If any details have changed you can edit them and click the Save button at the bottom of the screen to update our records. At the top of the screen you will see your name, and below that a list of membership categories. One of these will appear in bold, with the words Viewing for for to the left. Ensure, by clicking on the appropriate heading, that the category of membership from which you wish to upgrade is highlighted. Then click the Payment item on the blue bar immediately above your name.
- You will be taken to the Check-out page, but it will prominently announce No money due. On the left hand side of the screen you will see a list of upgrades available for your membership category. Click the upgrade option you wish to purchase.
- You will see a list of names of the members whose membership you are administering; normally this will only be yourself. Click the tick box to the left of your name and then click the Next button to the bottom right.
- The pop-up will change to show your membership details; scroll down to the bottom and click the Submit button.
- You will return to the Check-out page, where you can verify that the memberships being purchased are correct; please note the instruction to use the Review/Edit icon, which appears as a pencil, rather than your browser’s Back button if you wish to make a correction. Also note that although the screen refers to Pay by Card if you wish to pay directly from a PayPal account the option to do so appears on the next screen. Once you are satisfied click the Pay here button.
- You will be taken to the Pay Here Ltd payments page.
- If you wish to pay using an existing PayPal account please select the Login to your PayPal account button and follow the instruction for that process.
- If you wish to pay by credit or debit card please complete the details as requested on the screen. If you do not wish to sign up for a new PayPal account please be sure to untick the Save this information with a PayPal account button. When you are satisfied click the yellow Agree and Continue button.
What Happens Next?
- The payment for your membership will appear on your bank or card statement labelled Pay Here Ltd. This is the legal name of PaySubsOnline, who provide the online membership and secure payment system for the Federation.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
We use your membership data only for the purposes of administration of membership. This includes adding you to the circulation list of our e-newsletter, which appears monthly. You may chose to unsubscribe from this at any time.
We publish name, membership number and category (including expiry date), grading reference, and any club specified in your membership record for both current members and those whose membership has recently expired. This information is provided for organisers to determine your eligibility to compete in events.
The only data which is transferred between our membership and grading databases is membership number, category, and grading reference. In addition date of birth may be used to assist in determining whether records in the two databases refer to the same individual. However, the majority of members join the Federation in order to meet the requirements of an event in which they wish to compete. You should be aware that such events will usually submit their results to the ECF for grading, and that these results will be published on line and remain indefinitely as an historical record.