A one-day rapidplay Championships for girls on Sunday 25th November 2018 held at Chislehurst School for Girls, Beaverwood Road, Chislehurst, Kent BR7 6HE. Open to any girl chess players below the age of 18 on the 1st September 2018. Part of the English Youth Grand Prix
U8, U10, U12, U14, U15-U18
The winners of each age group receive the title of ECF South East Girls’ Rapidplay Champion 2018
- Certificates for all girls taking part
- Trophy and Title for first place in each age group. Medals and prizes for seconds and third place
- Swiss Tournament (all players play every round)
- ECF Rapidplay graded
- Time control – all moves in 20 mins plus 10 secs per move
- Refreshments will be available for purchase
- ECF Junior Silver membership or higher is recommended for all players to play in the event. For those players who have never held ECF membership before, one year’s free Junior Silver membership is available via the online membership system here – https://ecf.azolve.com (choose Junior Silver and the £5.00 fee will be discounted at the point of payment.
- There will be a girl players only social room available between games with access to free light refreshments and social activities
- Chief Arbiter & Controller – Jo Wildman, ECF NA, Emma Holmes KJCA, and other team TBC
Friday 23rd November 2018 at 4.55pm. Strictly no entries on the day. Entry is £16.00 payable on entry.
Round 1 10.00 – 11.00; Round 2 11.10 – 12.10; Round 3 12.20-13.20, Round 4 14.00-15.00;
Round 5 15.10 – 16.10; Round 6 16.20 – 17.20
Prize giving 17.30 (or earlier if possible)
For any other queries, please contact Jo Wildman – email@example.com
1) Championship titles are awarded only to players eligible to represent England in FIDE youth championships. Players from other federations are welcome to participate but are not eligible for titles.
2a) First place trophy will be given to the highest placed girl in each age group within the section (i.e. U7 & U8 in the U8 secion, U9 & U10 in the U10 section etc). There will also be medals for second and third place.
2b) Age of players —
(a) Girls should be eligible for the appropriate age group based on their age at 1st September 2018 —
Under 8: Under 8 on 01/09/2018
Under 10: Under 10 on 01/09/2018
Under 12: Under 12 on 01/09/2018
Under 14: Under 14 on 01/09/2018
Under 18: Under 18 on 01/09/2018
(b) Ineligible players will be transferred to the correct section and lose their point tally.
Organisation of the Competition
3) The Championship will be organised in multiple age-based tournaments. They will be organised as Swiss Tournaments. The number of rounds will depend on the level of entry and the available time.
4) All moves in 20 minutes plus 10 second increments
5) Winners will be based on highest scores. Where scores are equal then titles/places will be decided by —
- Match score between girls on the same score
- Buchholz tie-break score
- Play off
6) If both flags are down, the game is drawn, irrespective of which flag fell first.
7) The chief arbiter’s decision is final.
8) Players (and their representatives, such as parents or coaches) are deemed to accept the above rules as a condition of entry.
Extras – Parental Responsibility
Parents or guardians are responsible for their children during the tournament. The organisers and helpers are not able to act ‘in loco parentis’ and are not able to take responsibility for any child’s actions, or for the actions of anyone that may affect your child.
The organisers accept no responsibility for any loss, theft or accident during the tournament.
Right to refuse entry
The tournament controller reserves the right to refuse entry without being required to state a reason. The tournament controller also reserves the right to transfer players between tournaments at any time.
Refunds will only be given if a player withdraws at least 5 days before the competition.
There will be drink and light refreshments available to buy.
Seating for parents/carers
There will be a waiting area for parents/carers
Parking and transport
Free parking is available at the school. The school is a 10 minute taxi / 25 minute walk from Chislehurst Train Station (direct trains from London Charing Cross or London Bridge)