Two vacancies have arisen within the ECF – Company Secretary and Financial Controller. The closing date in both cases is 5th July 2016
Job Description for Company Secretary
The current Company Secretary, John Philpott, intends to retire from this role by April 2017 and a replacement is now sought.
The Company Secretary reports to the Non-Executive Chairman of the Board and contributes to the overall success of the organisation by ensuring that the Federation complies with all its legal obligations under that relevant rules and regulations of the Companies Act. Additionally, the Company Secretary oversees the production of Board and Council minutes and manages the electoral activities for Council meetings.
- Maintaining the statutory registers
- Ensuring that statutory forms are completed promptly
- Providing Board members, members and auditors with notice of meetings in a timely manner
- Ensuring that filings to Companies House are made on a timely basis including appointments and resignations of directors
- Preparing the agendas for Council and Board meetings in conjunction with the respective chairmen of those meetings
- Overseeing the production of the minutes for Council and Board meetings
- Managing the calling of general meetings of Council, the distribution of relevant documentation and publication on the website for the meeting
- Managing the electoral processes of the Federation in accordance with the procedural bye laws
- The Company Secretary is expected to attend Council and Board meetings
- Oversee the duties of the Voting Registration Officer (VRO)
- Ensure that the Board meetings and general meetings of Council comply with the Federation’s governing Articles, Regulations and procedures
- Maintain records including those of present and past office holders
- Ensure that the publication of annual reports and accounts comply with the Federation’s Articles, Regulations and procedures
- Review relevant legislation relating to the duties of the Company Secretary
- Including attendance at Council and Board meetings, overseeing the production of agendas and minutes: 15 days per annum
Skills and experience required
- Administrative experience in dealing with corporate records and organising meetings
- Recognised qualification in company secretarial activities, legal activities or accounting preferred, but not essential
The Company Secretary is expected to liaise effectively with the Non-Executive Chairmen of Council and the Board, Board members, the Office staff and with others interfacing with the Federation.
If you are interested in this role please contact the Company Secretary, John Philpott
Job Description for Financial Controller
The current Financial Controller, John Philpott, intends to retire from this role by April 2017 and a replacement is now sought.
The Financial Controller reports to the Finance Director and contributes to the overall success of the organisation by managing all the accounting tasks, supporting the requirements for corporate, income tax and VAT and the formulation of budgets.
- Ensuring that complete and accurate accounting records are maintained
- Ensure that complete and accurate documentation is maintained for all financial transactions
- Ensure that the bookkeeping systems and activities are maintained for the general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll.
- Ensuring that all statutory requirements in relation to pension payments, Income tax, corporation tax and VAT are met
- Reconciliation of bank and savings accounts, income and payments, and cash flow management
- Prepare all accounting records and supporting documentation for the annual audit and production of the annual accounts
- Liaison with the auditors for the preparation of the annual accounts
- Provide the formation necessary for the production of regular management accounts and information for the Board and directors on a regular (regularity to be agreed) and ad hoc basis.
- Support the production of the annual budget
- Support the development of accounting and office procedures
- Support the computerisation of the accounting and information systems
Skills and experience required
- Maintaining accounts and accounting records up to trial balance
- Recognised accounting qualification preferred, but not essential
- Estimated at one and half to two days per week on average equivalent to 75 to 100 days per annum
The Financial Controller is expected is liaise effectively with the Finance Director, the Office staff, Board members and with others interfacing with the Federation.
If you are interested in this role please contact the Finance Director, David Eustace