18 January 2010
Dear chess friends,
Following the approval of the ECU President, Mr.Boris Kutin, we are continuing with the organisation of the European Youth Grand Prix. We wish to make the ECU Youth Grand Prix a traditional tournament and to include many young and gifted players in this competition.
The next ECU Board meeting will be held in Plovdiv, Bulgaria from 28 to 31 January 2010. One of the issues will be the decision about the dates for the ECU Youth Grand Prix 2010. Therefore I kindly request [not later than January 25] the list of the tournaments from your federation which are potential candidates for participation in the Youth Grand Prix 2010.
ECU Youth Grand Prix 2010 tournament requirements –
1. Tournament must be held between March 1, 2010 and August 10, 2010
2. The format used for the tournament must guarantee the possibility of differentiated placements for the following categories:
Girls (Under 8, Under-10, Under-12, Under-14, Under-16 years old)
Boys (Under 8, Under-10, Under-12, Under-14, Under-16 years old)
3. Rapid tournaments will not be included in ECU Youth Grand Prix 2010
4. A minimum of three federations must be represented in the tournament
5. The number of tournaments per federation is not limited
Regulations of the ECU Youth Grand Prix 2010 will be published immediately after we establish the tournament calendar. Thank you in advance for your co-operation.
ECU Grand Prix Director