Nominations are invited for the positions detailed below which will be the subject of elections to be held at the Annual General Meeting on 17 October 2015. In each case the intentions of the present incumbents of the positions are also listed, where known (updated on 18 August in respect of Malcolm Pein, 6 September in respect of David Thomas and David Robertson and 7 September in respect of John Foley, Mike Gunn, Richard Haddrell and Andrew Leadbetter).
|• President (Dominic Lawson, standing for re-election)
• Chief Executive (Phil Ehr, standing for re-election)
• Finance Director (David Eustace, standing for re-election)
• Director of Home Chess (Alex Holowczak, standing for re-election)
• Director of International Chess (David Openshaw, standing for re-election)
|• Director of Junior Chess & Education (Traci Whitfield, standing for re-election)
• Director of Membership (David Thomas, standing for re-election)
• Commercial Director (Bob Kane, standing for re-election)
• Non-Executive Director (Julian Clissold, standing for re-election)
• Non-Executive Director (John Foley, not standing for re-election to this post)
The ten above positions are voting members of the ECF Board of Directors.
The holders of the following three positions are entitled to receive all Board papers and are invited to Board meetings:
• FIDE Delegate (Malcolm Pein, standing for re-election)
• Chairman of the Finance Committee (Mike Truran, standing for re-election)
• Chairman of the Governance Committee (Chris Majer, standing for re-election)
Members of the Finance Committee (this Committee has no fixed size)
• Ray Clark (standing for re-election)
• Ian Reynolds (standing for re-election)
Members of the Governance Committee (this Committee also has no fixed size)
• Mike Gunn (standing for re-election)
• Richard Haddrell (standing for re-election)
• Andrew Leadbetter (standing for re-election)
• David Robertson (standing for re-election)
The responsibilities of individual directors are set out in Directors and Officers Responsibilities (Regulation No. 2). The current text of the Regulations can be accessed here, but candidates should note that the Board has the power to amend these Regulations at any time.
To be eligible to stand for election, a candidate must be a member of the ECF on the day of the AGM.
Each candidate for a post must be one of:
(a) A retiring Director, FIDE Delegate or Chairman of a Standing Committee seeking re-election to the same Post; or
(b) A nominee of the Board for a Post; or
(c) A person proposed by any of “the Requisitionists” as defined in the adjacent post relating to the 2015 AGM.
Nominations must be made by 13.30 on Wednesday 9 September to the Company Secretary (John Philpott Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
A duly nominated candidate has the right to have an election address published on the ECF website. The body of the election address must be no more than 750 words in length. All election addresses received by the nomination deadline will be published simultaneously on the website: any election addresses received after the deadline will not be published.
Candidates are required to comply with the Code of Conduct (Regulation No. 4 – click here) for the election campaign period.