The Finance Director is responsible for the financial affairs of the Federation which includes the separate entities of the ECF, BCF and Chess Centre Ltd. Duties include the presentation of the annual accounts to Council and the production of regular management accounts to the Board, production of the Board’s budget, coverage of VAT, corporation tax, staff pension scheme, banking arrangements and sundry investments. The Finance Director is responsible for the bookkeeping service and the Office Finance Manager. The full range of responsibilities can be found in Regulation No. 2 ‘Directors’ and Officers’ Responsibilities – Finance Director’. The current Finance Director, David Eustace who retires in October, is happy to provide further information – firstname.lastname@example.org
Awards Committee Chairman
After some years of leading the work of the ECF Awards Committee, Paul Bielby has decided to move on. The ECF is therefore looking for someone new to take on this task. These awards recognise the efforts and achievements of clubs, congresses and individuals, and are a valued way of showing ECF members appreciation of them. If you feel able to take on this voluntary role on behalf of English chess, please apply by email to the ECF office at email@example.com, including a brief resume by Monday 7th October
Manager of Disabled Chess
Please contact the ECF Office if you’re interested
The Financial Controller reports to the Finance Director and contributes to the overall success of the organisation by managing all the accounting tasks, supporting the requirements for corporate, income tax and VAT and the formulation of budgets.
- Ensuring that complete and accurate accounting records are maintained
- Ensure that complete and accurate documentation is maintained for all financial transactions
- Ensure that the bookkeeping systems and activities are maintained for the general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll.
- Ensuring that all statutory requirements in relation to pension payments, Income tax, corporation tax and VAT are met
- Reconciliation of bank and savings accounts, income and payments, and cash flow management
- Prepare all accounting records and supporting documentation for the annual audit and production of the annual accounts
- Liaison with the auditors for the preparation of the annual accounts
- Provide the formation necessary for the production of regular management accounts and information for the Board and directors on a regular (regularity to be agreed) and ad hoc basis.
- Support the production of the annual budget
- Support the development of accounting and office procedures
- Support the computerisation of the accounting and information systems
Skills and experience required
- Maintaining accounts and accounting records up to trial balance
- Recognised accounting qualification preferred, but not essential
- Estimated at one and half to two days per week on average equivalent to 75 to 100 days per annum
The Financial Controller is expected is liaise effectively with the Finance Director, the Office staff, Board members and with others interfacing with the Federation.
If you are interested in this role please contact the Finance Director – David Eustace
Controller, Counties Rapidplay Championship
The holder of this post reports to the Director of Home Chess, Adrian Elwin Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact him for further details and to make applications
Please note – these are all voluntary (unpaid) posts