Manager of Disabled Chess
Please contact the ECF Office if you’re interested
The Financial Controller reports to the Finance Director and contributes to the overall success of the organisation by managing all the accounting tasks, supporting the requirements for corporate, income tax and VAT and the formulation of budgets.
- Ensuring that complete and accurate accounting records are maintained
- Ensure that complete and accurate documentation is maintained for all financial transactions
- Ensure that the bookkeeping systems and activities are maintained for the general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll.
- Ensuring that all statutory requirements in relation to pension payments, Income tax, corporation tax and VAT are met
- Reconciliation of bank and savings accounts, income and payments, and cash flow management
- Prepare all accounting records and supporting documentation for the annual audit and production of the annual accounts
- Liaison with the auditors for the preparation of the annual accounts
- Provide the formation necessary for the production of regular management accounts and information for the Board and directors on a regular (regularity to be agreed) and ad hoc basis.
- Support the production of the annual budget
- Support the development of accounting and office procedures
- Support the computerisation of the accounting and information systems
Skills and experience required
- Maintaining accounts and accounting records up to trial balance
- Recognised accounting qualification preferred, but not essential
- Estimated at one and half to two days per week on average equivalent to 75 to 100 days per annum
The Financial Controller is expected is liaise effectively with the Finance Director, the Office staff, Board members and with others interfacing with the Federation.
If you are interested in this role please contact the Finance Director – David Eustace
Controller, Counties Rapidplay Championship
The holder of this post reports to the Director of Home Chess, Adrian Elwin Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact him for further details and to make applications
Please note – these are all voluntary (unpaid) posts