The following international junior tournaments are coming up in Rhodes, Greece —
European Schools Championship 20th – 30th April
World Cadets & Youth Rapid & Blitz 30th April – 4th May
Entries for these tournaments must be made via national federations. The ECF is inviting juniors to register to play in these tournaments.
There are the following mandatory requirements —
1) The player has a FIDE Identification Number registered to ENG. Players without a FIDE Identification Number at all can contact David Clayton to request one at email@example.com or email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are unable to register players who are registered to other federations.
2) The player is an ECF member. This is the number in the style ‘ME’ followed by 5 digits (ME123456), not a reference with six digits followed by a letter. Your child can become a member of the English Chess Federation (free in the first year) here – https://ecf.justgo.com
3) 1 child must be accompanied by 1 parent only, who will be responsible for their child. The ECF will not provide anyone from the Federation for this purpose.
The costs are covered in the regulations (see the links at the top of this page). There are two additional surcharges —
– Administration charge of £50 per person (please note that a parent and a child counts as two persons);
and either —
and either —
– £200 per child who is not a member of the ECF Academy or Accelerator Programme and wishes to play in the European Schools Championship
– £100 per child who is not a member of the ECF Academy or Accelerator Programme and wishes to play in the World Cadets & Youth Rapid & Blitz
See more about the ECF Academy here – https://www.delanceyukschoolschesschallenge.com/sales-page-ecf/
In order to register for either or both of these tournaments, please fill in this form before Monday, 28th February – https://www.guaranteedevents.com/chess-team-travel
If you have any questions about this, please email Alex Holowczak at email@example.com